The Torrid credit card is a great way to save money on purchases at Torrid stores and online. With exclusive discounts and rewards, the Torrid credit card makes shopping at Torrid even more affordable. Here’s what you need to know about applying for the Torrid credit card.
Overview of the Torrid Credit Card
The Torrid credit card is issued by Comenity Bank and can only be used at Torrid stores and the Torrid website. It offers cardholders the following benefits:
- 40% off your first Torrid purchase when you open and use the card
- 5% rewards on every Torrid purchase
- $15 off a $50 purchase offer after receiving the card
- Exclusive access to special offers and savings events
In addition to rewards, the Torrid card can help you build your credit if managed responsibly. The credit card account reports to the major credit bureaus.
Requirements to Apply
You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States to apply for the Torrid credit card. Approval is based on creditworthiness, so good credit or limited credit history is recommended. However, even applicants with lower credit scores may be approved.
Torrid does not require an annual fee for the credit card. The APR for purchases is 26.99% variable. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How to Apply for the Torrid Credit Card
Applying for the Torrid card is quick and easy. You can apply online or in-store.
To apply online, visit Torrid.com ↗ and click on “Apply Today” button. This will take you to the online application.
You’ll need to provide some basic personal information including:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Estimated annual income
- Mobile phone number
The application will perform a soft credit check that won’t impact your credit score. After submitting the application, you’ll receive an instant decision.
You can also apply for the Torrid credit card when checking out at any Torrid store location. Let the cashier know you’re interested in applying. They will provide a quick application that you’ll fill out at the register.
Just like the online application, you’ll get an instant decision. If approved, you can use your new card right away to get 40% off your purchase.
Tips for Getting Approved
Even if you have less-than-perfect credit, approval for the Torrid card is possible. Here are some tips to increase your chances:
- Accurately report your income – Don’t inflate your income too much on the application or it may get flagged. But a stable income improves your approval odds.
- Check your credit report – Mistakes on your credit report can negatively impact your score. Review your report and have any errors corrected prior to applying.
- Pay down balances – Try to lower your credit utilization ratio by paying down balances before applying. The lower your balances compared to limits, the better.
- Build credit history – Applicants with limited credit history may not get approved. Having a previous credit card or other loan in good standing can help.
- Consider adding a co-signer – Adding an authorized user with good credit may help compensate for poor credit. Just make sure the co-signer understands they are equally responsible for the account.
With some preparation, those with credit challenges can set themselves up for possible approval. The Torrid card is designed to help people build credit, so don’t let a low score deter you from applying.
Getting Started with Your New Torrid Credit Card
Once approved, you’ll receive your new Torrid credit card in 7-10 business days. As soon as the card arrives, you can activate it and start enjoying rewards and exclusive offers.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the $15 off $50 purchase offer within the first 90 days. This Welcome Offer will be sent with your card.
Be sure to make your payments on time each month. Setting up autopay through your online account is an easy way to avoid missed payments and interest charges. Responsible use of your card will help build your credit history over time.
The Torrid credit card makes shopping even more fun and rewarding for Torrid fans. With huge discounts, free shipping, and other cardholder perks, it’s easy to see why the Torrid card is so popular. Apply today and discover the savings and exclusives for yourself.