The IKEA Projekt Credit Card offers special financing on IKEA purchases of $500 or more. This card, issued by Comenity Capital Bank, gives you the flexibility to pay for your IKEA purchases over time with no interest for 6, 12 or 24 months depending on the purchase amount.
Making payments on time is important to avoid interest charges. This article will explain everything you need to know about making payments on your IKEA Projekt Credit Card.
Overview of IKEA Projekt Credit Card
The IKEA Projekt Credit Card is a store credit card that can only be used for IKEA purchases. It offers special financing plans:
- 0% interest for 6 months on IKEA purchases from $500 – $999.99
- 0% interest for 12 months on IKEA purchases from $1,000 – $2,499.99
- 0% interest for 24 months on IKEA purchases of $2,500 or more
After the promotional period, the regular APR of 21.99% applies.
The IKEA Projekt Card has no annual fee. You can use it to finance a single IKEA purchase over time and avoid paying everything upfront. It can be a useful financing option for large IKEA purchases.
You have several options for making payments on your IKEA Projekt Credit Card:
The easiest way to pay is online through your account dashboard. You can pay your bill in full or make a partial payment anytime.
- Go to comenity.net/ac/ikeaprojekt and log into your account.
- Under “Account Summary”, click on “Make Payment”.
- Enter the payment amount and payment date.
- Enter your bank account information to pay directly from your bank account, or use a debit card.
- Review the payment details and submit.
You can schedule one-time or recurring payments online when logged into your account.
Pay by Phone
Call 1-866-337-5539 to make a payment by phone. You can pay with a bank account, debit card or credit card. Phone payments are processed immediately.
Save time by enrolling in EasyPay automatic payments. Your payment will be deducted each month on your due date. Call or log into your account online to enroll.
Pay by Mail
Mail your payment to:
IKEA Projekt Credit Card
PO Box 182273
Columbus, OH 43218-2273
Include your name, account number, and payment amount on the check or money order. Mailed payments take 5-7 days to process. Do not send cash in the mail.
Pay in Person
You can make a payment in person at any IKEA store in the US. Go to the Returns and Exchanges area and let an associate know you want to make a credit card payment.
Payments made at IKEA are applied to your account same day. Keep your payment receipt as proof of payment.
Payment Due Dates
Your IKEA Projekt Credit Card payment is due on the same day each month. The due date is shown on your statement and online account.
If you don’t pay your balance in full, make at least the minimum payment by the due date to avoid late fees. The minimum payment amount is also shown on your statement.
Your account has a 25-day grace period. That means you have 25 days from the closing date on your statement to make a payment before interest is charged on new purchases.
Promotional Financing Payments
If you have a promotional financing plan on your account, your monthly payment amount will be shown on your statement. This payment will allow you to pay off the promotional balance by the end of the promotional period.
- 6 month 0% interest plan: Payment will be 1/6th of promotional purchase amount
- 12 month 0% interest plan: Payment will be 1/12th of promotional purchase amount
- 24 month 0% interest plan: Payment will be 1/24th of promotional purchase amount
You must make your promotional payment on-time each month to avoid interest charges at the end of the promotional period.
Making only the minimum payment will not pay off the promotional balance in time. Pay at least the promotional payment amount each billing period. You can always pay more than the minimum or promotional payment too.
When you make a payment, it will be applied in a certain order:
- Minimum payment due
- Fees and interest charges
- Promotional plan balances
- Non-promotional balances
Any payment above the minimum required will go towards higher APR balances first. Paying more than the minimum when you have a promotional plan can help pay it off faster and reduce post-promotional interest.
If you have multiple promotional plans, the payment is applied to the plan with the lowest APR first.
Managing Your Account Online
Creating an online account at comenity.net/ac/ikeaprojekt allows you to easily manage your IKEA Projekt Credit Card payments and account online.
With an online account, you can:
- Check your account balance
- View payment history
- Enroll in paperless statements
- Set up one-time or recurring payments
- Update your account information
- Sign up for email reminders
Keeping track of your account online makes it simple to manage your payments and account details. You’ll receive alerts when your statement is ready and payment reminders so your payment is never late.
Payment Tips and Reminders
Follow these tips for successfully managing your IKEA Projekt Credit Card payments:
- Pay on time – Make at least the minimum payment by the due date to avoid late fees and interest charges. Don’t risk credit damage from a late payment.
- Pay more than minimum – When you can, pay more than the minimum payment to pay off your balance faster and reduce interest paid.
- Pay promotional balance – Be sure to make the monthly promotional payment amount to pay off the balance in the promotional period.
- Enroll in autopay – Set up automatic payments from your bank account to ensure your payment is made on-time each month.
- Update account info – Keep your contact information, including phone number and address, updated on your account to ensure you receive billing statements and payment reminders.
- Set reminders – Use account alerts and calendar reminders for payment due dates so you don’t forget.
- Review statements – Verify charges and check balances and payment info on each monthly statement. Notify the bank of any errors right away.
Paying your IKEA Projekt Credit Card on time is key to avoiding unnecessary fees and interest. Take advantage of the convenient online and phone payment options to stay on top of your payments each month. Know your due dates and payment requirements – and make your payments on time every time. Responsible account management will keep your credit strong!
Getting Help with Your Account
If you have any questions about your account or need help managing payments, contact IKEA Projekt Credit Card customer service at:
You can get assistance with:
- Payment inquiries
- Payment processing issues
- Account management help
- Card activation
- Reporting lost or stolen card
- Applying for credit line increase
- Getting a late payment waived
Customer service is available 24/7 for urgent card issues. For general account questions, call Monday through Saturday, 8am to midnight ET.
Online help includes FAQs, statement info, payment options, account management and more. Log into your account for customized support.
Whether you have a specific payment issue or general account management questions, the customer service team can provide solutions and help you keep your IKEA Projekt Credit Card payments on track.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I set up automatic payments?
You can enroll in EasyPay automatic payments from your checking account by logging into your account online or calling customer service. Payments will be automatically deducted each month on your due date.
What if I made a payment but it hasn’t posted yet?
Online and phone payments are processed immediately, while mailed payments take 5-7 days to process. Avoid late fees by paying in advance of your due date.
What happens if I only pay the minimum payment?
You will accrue interest charges on your remaining balance and it will take longer to pay off your balance. Pay more than the minimum when possible.
How can I get a late payment fee waived?
Contact customer service to submit a goodwill request to waive the late fee. Fees are typically waived only once every 6 months if you have a good payment history.
Why are my payments higher than I expected?
If you have a promotional financing plan, the monthly payment amount will be the balance split over the promotional term. Review your statement for repayment terms.